We provide bike fits for a lot of people every year and help them select the ideal frame sizes to suit them. It’s very common for us to see a cyclist purchase a brand new bike and then bring it straight into the bike fit studio to be set up. Unfortunately, it’s also common that the new bike they bring in is not the best size for them or it’s a bike model that doesn’t suit their flexibility or riding style.
To help select the best frame options for our bike fit clients, we use our adjustable Retul Muve fitting bike.
Our Retul Muve bike allows us to simulate any bicycle frame available on the market. During the bike fitting process, we can select all of the ideal componentry to maximise your comfort and performance on that specific bike. The componentry that we can select during the bike fit includes
- Stem length, stem angle and spacers
- Crank length (155mm, 157.5mm, 160mm, 162.5mm, 165mm, 167.5mm, 170mm, 172.5mm, 175mm, 177.5mm).
- Saddle Selection (Selle SMP, Selle Italia, Cobb Cycling, ISM Adamo)
- Pedal Selection (Shimano, Look Keo, Speedplay)
Once we have selected the optimal bike fit position, we can then measure your final bike position digitally to the nearest millimetre. We can then use this data to compare to all the brands and models available in the market and select which bike frame and sizes match your ideal bike fit position. We will provide you with a comprehensive report that itemises:
- All Brands /Models/frame sizes that will fit that position
- The ideal stem Length, stem angle and spacers for reach frame option
- Componentry list to optimise the position (cranks, saddles, cycling shoes)